Varroa Terminator device is capable of heating brood chamber and its contents, allowing hyperthermic treatment of bees for varroa without chemicals. The principle upon which Varroa Terminator works consists of fulfilling the 3 fundamentals of effective hyperthermic treatment listed in the introductory article Varroosis and hypertermia.
Varroa Terminator device is capable of heating brood chamber and its contents, allowing hyperthermic treatment of bees for varroa without chemicals
The principle upon which Varroa Terminator works consists of fulfilling the 3 fundamentals of effective hyperthermic treatment listed in the introductory article Varroosis and hypertermia.
- Elevating beehive temperature from 34-35°C to more than 40°C
Varroa Terminator device heats up brood chamber and its contents to approx. 42°C during treatment
- Focusing the treatment predominantly on brood and the most amount of bees in beehive
The treatment using Varroa Terminator device takes place directly in brood chamber and kills varroa not only on brood, but also on all bees present in the brood chamber.
- Controlling temperature increase dynamics
The temperature increase by Varroa Terminator is gradual and gentle
Relative humidity during treatment is ensured by evaporators in brood chamber
Varroa Terminator features and advantages
- the treatment is fully controlled by a digital thermostat with sensor
- the device does not harm bees, larvae nor eggs
- allows varroosis treatment throughout entire season
- it is not a permanent part of beehive, it is possible to use it in any beehives with supers
- it is possible to treat 2 colonies in a day with one device
- it is possible to place the device on any type of bottom board, however the easiest is to use it with our varroa bottom board
- there is no need to sweep bees from honeycomb, handling is very easy
- unique design of traps keeps varroa mites that fell off bees inside brood chamber. Mites either die from heat or drown in gaps
- bees and queen are allowed to temporarily leave the brood chamber during treatment using gateways in traps, varroa mites are blocked from doing so
- there are four evaporators of sufficient size and special construction, preventing bees from accessing water and starting cooling
- evaporation ensures required relative humidity (60-70%)
- 2 Varroa Terminator heating panels (lower with traps and upper full)
- 2 power cables
- 4 evaporators
- 2 replacement fuses
- 1 syringe
Conditions of use
- device´s inner dimensions matching size of a super, solved at order
- power supply 230V/50Hz, either from a socket, the cars´ voltage converter or from a generator
- power consumption per one Varroa Terminator is approximately 120 W
- power consumption per one treatment is approximately 0,3-0,4 kWh
Gallery update soon!